Ideal candidates for SUPARTZ FX are patients with knee OA (13) who:
- Have not responded to conservative non-pharmacologic therapy, including physical therapy
- Have not responded to simple analgesics such as acetaminophen
25 mg/2.5 mL active ingredient per syringe (13)
Directions for Use
SUPARTZ FX is administered by intra-articular injections once a week (1 week apart) for a total of 5 injections. Some patients may experience benefit with 3 injections given at weekly intervals. This has been noted in a study in which patients treated with 3 injections were followed for 90 days.(13,37) Injection of subcutaneous lidocaine or similar local anesthetic may be recommended prior to injection of SUPARTZ FX.
Recommendations for Managing Knee OA Pain
Contraindications to SUPARTZ FX include (13):
- Previous allergic reactions to sodium hylaluronate products, including SUPARTZ FX
- Infections or skin diseases in the area where the injection will be given
- Allergies to products from birds, such as feathers, eggs, and poultry
The safety and effectiveness of SUPARTZ FX have not been established in pregnant women, lactating women, or children.